- This event has passed.
Class: Environmental Design for Unity
May 10, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$27.37 – $43.19
Getting a gamer’s attention with stylish, striking and distinctive visuals is an important aspect to both game design and game marketing. A thoughtfully designed game environment can tell stories in ways that words cannot. Using Unity’s built-in graphical tools, in tandem with several free internet resources, Greg ‘Cosmo D’ Heffernan shows you how to communicate your unique story through a visually striking game environment.
These techniques can apply to any type of game, including VR. A basic understanding of Unity’s interface and concepts is recommended for this class. There is no scripting experience required.
- How to most effectively use outside inspiration to help spark the creative process.
- Using a heightmap from the real-world in conjunction with Unity’s own terrain tools to start a natural environment.
- Making a structure with Unity’s primitive shapes, and other plugins to help refine and model the architecture
- Using props in the space to help tell the story of the scene at a glance (or screenshot).
- Using Unity’s lighting and shadow functionality to add mood and expressivity to the scene’s atmosphere
- Using image effects on the camera to make the environment even more immersive.
- Learning how to use Unity’s varied optimization tools so the game continues to run well as we add graphical richness to the scene.
Seats are limited, please register here.