Collaborating for Change: A New Vision of Climate Adaptation
May 4 @ 7:00 pm — 10:00 pm
The Sustainable Development Capstone Workshop in conjunction with the Earth Institute will host a panel discussion at Columbia University on Thursday, May 4, 2017.
The panel will bring together a range of experts working within the field of climate adaptation in order to showcase the diversity of work on this topic. The event will provide an opportunity to identify and discuss the most pressing issues pertaining to climate adaptation and to devise collaborative, interdisciplinary solutions.
The discussion will be moderated by award-winning environmental journalist Andrew Revkin. As a reporter for the New York Times, Revkin wrote Dot Earth, an environmental blog examining the environmental impacts of human activity. Revkin currently works as the senior reporter for climate and related issues at ProPublica.
- Steven Cohen, Executive Director of the Earth Institute
- Adela Gondek, Professor in the Department of Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Biology at Columbia University, specializing in environmental ethics
- J.C. Salyer, Lawyer and Professor of Anthropology and Sociology at Barnard College
- Shaun Martin, Senior Director, Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience for the World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Peter Marcotullio, Director of the CUNY Institute for Sustainable Cities and Professor of Urban Planning at Columbia University