- This event has passed.
Coney Island Creek Community Workshop
February 6, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Please Join S.W.I.M. Coalition, Coney Island Beautification Project, Partnerships for Parks Catalyst Program, and The Wildlife Conservation Society for the Coney Island Creek Community Workshop:
- Discuss How Flooding From the Polluted Creek Impacts Surrounding Neighborhoods
- Learn About Sewer Overflow and Stormwater Runoff Events That Pollute the Creek
- Find Out How You Can Influence the City’s Long-Term Water Quality Improvement Plans for Coney Island Creek
- Organize for a Robust Public Turnout at the City’s Next Public Meeting to Let Them Know We Want Fishable, Swimmable Water Quality in Coney Island Creek
- Meet The CUNY Graduate Student Environmental Engineering Team Who is Conducting Analysis of the Area’s Potential for Green Infrastructure, Tell Them Where You Think Green Infrastructure Would Be Beneficial for The Neighborhood
- Talk With Representatives From DEP About How You Use the Creek and Questions That You Have About How They Plan to Improve the Water Quality in the Creek!