- This event has passed.
Get Unstuck: Secure funding and people to launch that social impact project NOW!
May 9, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$10
So you have an social impact project idea. But no money or enough time. How can you make it happen? Where can you find people to help you for next to nothing? Where do you find supporters? How do you launch?
At this month’s Think Act Change learn how you can use crowdfunding to make your idea happen.
We’ll be hearing from Nate Heasley, the founder and Director of Goodnik.org, who recently launching a platform called GoodNickels which is a new way of funding social impact projects without spending a dime and Patty Simonton, Venture Support Lead at Start Some Good, who will share her inside experience in crowdfunding and how to launch a social enterprise or non-profit, raise funds for a cause, expand or save an existing program or make a grassroots project happen in your community. Advice covered will include:
• Selecting a realistic financial target for your campaign
• Identifying your community and how to target them
• Offering rewards which people want
• Developing a video with limited or no budget
• Using social media to support your campaign
• Crafting the stories which will inspire support
• Case studies of the most successful campaigns to date
7:00 PM DOORS OPEN
7:15 PM PRESENTATION STARTS
8:00 PM BREAKOUT WORKSHOP SESSION
8:15 PM INDIVIDUALS/GROUPS TO PRESENT 5 MIN EACH
8:30 PM Q&A
Light refreshments and snacks will be served.