- This event has passed.
WASTED! Food Documentary Screening (w/ Food and 21+ Drinks)
April 10 @ 6:30 am - 9:30 pm$25
Join us for an evening of food + drinks with a sustainable twist during a screening of WASTED! The Story of Food Waste. We’re bringing together some of the top sustainable food brands and leaders to eat, drink, and chat about the sustainability of our food systems.
Entry to the event includes food and drink (beer + wine for those 21+) from some of the top NYC companies working to green the food industry. We are honored to partner with these companies to bring you delicious and sustainable food and beverages to chow down on.
- Toast Ale – American Pale Ale made from leftover bread
- Proud Pour – wine that helps restore wildlife and habitats
- Ancolie – meals in sustainable glass jars
- Rescuing Leftover Cuisine – donating leftover food to the hungry
- Nomad Trading Co. – cascara (coffee cherry) tea
- RISE Products – high-protein flour made out of spent grain from breweries
- AeroFarms x Local Roots – locally grown, zero-waste hydroponic salad with all the toppings
- Food For All – a food app for reserving meals from restaurants right before they close
- Eleva Coffee – sustainable, direct-trade coffee
- Teapigs – sustainable tea with 100% compostable materials
- Bareburger – all-natural, vegetarian burgers with low-impact packaging
Reception will take place from 6:30-7:30 PM and includes the chance to meet these food innovators and see waste-inspired photography from Jodie Taylor.
So eat up, drink up, then watch. Attendees will also receive a take-home eco-goodie bag filled with sustainable treats from our partners.
In order to make this a truly zero waste event, we are asking everyone to bring their own cups, dishware, and utensils. Feel free to be as creative as possible.