Life In A Landmark: Pioneering Public Housing Site Shows Its Age – City Limits Magazine – CityLimits.orgMcQueen thinks only of trying to make it up the stairs as he slowly shuffles to his fourth floor apartment. There are no elevators here and he concentrates as he swings his legs on step after step, cradling his crutches in one hand and the railing in the next, slightly wheezing.
Luxury apartments proposed on NYCHA properties
20 percent of the new units will be affordable housing for families of four making $50,000 or less, while the other 80 percent will be market-rate.
What is urban sprawl, why is it a systemic problem and what can we do about it?
Urban Sprawl | EMBARQ On the outskirts of nearly every city on the planet, new developments are subsuming farms and undeveloped land, causing the environmental…